Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Practice Looms


So I coach this group on Wednesday mornings. The group is great. 10 or so runners all around the age of 35-45, trying to get in shape for a variety of Spring and Fall races. Waking up every Wednesday at 5:30am, not so great.


Coaching this crew is probably one of the most satisfying things I do all week, really. None of the crew (a few are pictured to the right) ran in college (except for one of my buddies who shows up once a month), but they all are really into running and getting into better shape. Enough so that they are there every week at 6am, beating me to the track, ready to roll.


Now I know 6am isn't that early for a lot of people. For me, though, it is. I usually get up around 7:30 to go for a run, so getting up 2 hours before that isn't too, too easy for me. Yeah, I know, I'm a wuss.
2 runs today.
5.5 miles solo in 41 mins
4 miles in 42:43 with Oscar and Oscars friend Lauren (Oscars longest run yet!)
9.5 miles - my achilles is still sore, but getting there.
x Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment