Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Get busy living or get busy dying

I truly believe in what we're selling at Pacers. A lifestyle. No kidding, we are selling a healthy lifestyle.


There is no way we would be in business if we were just selling people shoes and sending them on there way. I don't think we'd pay the rent. So our solution: fit our customers in the right equipment, offer them programs to teach them how to run, and engage them in events. And do we ever engage our customers in events.

So, today's post on my blog will be an advertisement for our events that we are doing this WEEKEND alone. I figure the more cool events we do, the more engaged our customers will be, the more running they'll do. Running = living.
Tomorrow "Fun run with Brooks and WJFK". Cakes from The Junkies and Oscar from the Big O and Dukes show are doing our fun run at the Arlington Pacers Store. They are training for the Pacers Running Festival. These guys are all in with running - it has been an amazing transformation. Brooks is giving away shirts (above: logo of the shirt) to all the runners who show up and participate. Pacers will be buying all the runners a beer at Mr. Days (I never said I was such a square runner that I didn't like to have a couple pops like the next guy).



Friday "Crystal City 5K" - Every Friday in April and the first Friday in May Pacers and the 'Crystal City Bid' host a 5k in downtown Crystal City, Arlington, VA. These are scored and timed races that have attracted 400 people per race. We are expecting 500-600 this Friday. The weather should be money this weekend, and after you had such a good time at the Thursday fun run, why not do it again and run with us Friday in Crystal City.




If you still think you can run a better 5K, take Saturday off, then join us Sunday April 19th for the Silver Spring Earth Day 5k. It should be a PR course. Sign up and you'll receive free Feetures! socks and a organic cotton tee shirt for your effort. Downtown Silver Spring is a great area to shop and hang out. I believe in a couple years this is going to be a can't miss race of the year.



And one other thing: we've got packet pickup starting on Saturday for the GW Parkway Classic 10 miler . That packet pickup will rotate throughout all the different stores next week.

Did I mention I was coaching and training those Radio DJs to run the Pacers Running Festival? Those 2 races combined will have over 10,000 runners.

Get busy living or get busy dying, I guess. I think that was in Shawshank Redemption, I like that movie.
Tuesdays run: 8.5 miles in 60 minutes with Brian

Wednesdays run: 10 miles on the treadmill with Oscar.

x Farley

2 comments:

  1. Hey Chris, how about bringing some of that free beer outside the beltway to the best Pacers store, Fairfax!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call! After April I will be back for some fun runs and I definitely will!

    ReplyDelete