Thursday, March 5, 2009

Serve, Protect, and Road Races


The other day I got a parking ticket when I arrived 2 minutes after my meter had expired. Literally 2 minutes, I had it on my watch. I took the ticket ripped it in half and stuck it on the meter maids car when she refused to cut me any slack. Pretty mature I am. Good thing I didn't make more of a scene. Sometimes my emotions get the best of me.


Well today we had a different experience with the Police. Kathy and I (mostly Kathy, I was just along for the ride) had a meeting with an Arlington Police officer and a Pentagon Police officer. We were finalizing the course details for our Pacers Running Festival Half Marathon.
It is great to live in Arlington County where they value special events and work with the local business. Lieutenant Medairos (picture above on the left) runs the special events in Arlington, so we see him a decent amount. Unlike the parking attendant, he is really fair, flexible, and wants to promote special events and health. Refreshing change. Both Medarios and John from the Pentagon came with solutions and not just obstacles. Solutions. That's what I'm talking about.

I ran twice yesterday. Once today. A 7 mile run and a 6 mile run yesterday. An 8 miler today. Maybe I can get back in decent shape. Maybe.


13 miles yesterday with Pearce and John Dooris

6 miles today with Brian McGovern


x Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment