Monday, March 9, 2009

Junk Miles




So I am officially a professional radio DJ coach. Today I ran with both Cakes (from the Junkies) and Oscar (from the Big O and Dukes show). Cakes ran the longest run of his life; 9 miles. Oscar ran what may have been the longest run of his life in the past 10 years; 4 miles. Add in the 8 miles I ran this morning and I have a total of 21 miles.



(To the right we have a pile of Junk and Miles Davis. Junk Miles)



Granted, the miles with the boys are slower than I'm used to running, but at this point in my running career, I'll take it! Cakes' run was supposed to be 8 miles, but he soldered through and really impressed me running 9 miles in an hour and 21 minutes. Oscar was also very impressive, 4 miles in just over 43 minutes. For beginning runners I'm thrilled and still always inspired when I run with them. They are both training for the Pacers Running Festival. Two months ago running was the furthest thing from their minds, but that was before I got them hooked on the running thing. Its addictive and now they're both all in. A couple of sedentary radio DJ's turned fitness studs. I might write a book... or maybe I'll just blog about it.






The rest of last week was good running too 13 miles in 2 runs on Friday, 10.5 on Saturday, and a great 8 miler with my Alexandria manager Steve Crane and other HS employee Spencer Beasley. So it was 75 miles last week, probably 30% junk, but like I said before, I'll take it.


21 miles total today.
8 miles in 62 minutes solo
9 miles in 1:21 with Cakes
4 miles in 43 minutes with Oscar

x Farley

1 comment:

  1. Us poor saps are dying to know what is going on the running life of one Professional DJ running Coach,over all world class silly, and inspirational speaker,with a major in delegation, known as Chris Farley. Its been 3 weeks, Wade can't fall asleep without his nightly blog reading...

    ReplyDelete