Monday, January 19, 2009

Inauguration and Handwarmers


Tomorrow is the Inauguration. I don't know if there is 3 million people like the experts predicted, but there is a lot more than usual walking around. I live right across from the Iwa Jima memorial in Rosslyn, VA - and at all times when its light outside there are a least a couple hundred people milling around. There are a two things all these people share: they are here for the Inauguration and they are all cold.


I hate when my hands are cold. I can have 3 pairs of gloves on and my hands will still be cold. Apparently a lot of people at the Inauguration feel the same way. We have sold over 300 sets of those handwarmers at the store. We've bought out a Marshalls, Dicks, and Home Depot in the area. We've called a number of other stores and no one has them. We can buy them at those stores for $1 a piece and turn them around for 3 - 4 times that! I'm thinking about running downtown with a backpack tomorrow and rolling them out for $5. Wish the rest of my retail life was that easy.
I ran 8.75 miles today in an hour and 2 minutes. Day one in the books. It was a good day to be a runner.
x Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment