Monday, January 26, 2009

Paying the price

Well I guess this is what I get for getting injured. Coach Matt came in tonight to ask how I was doing. I told him about my achilles injuries and my methods for getting healthy, and he wasn't hearing it at all. I was to "grab that bucket there" and "he was going to get a big bag of ice". He was gone for 5 minutes and then returned with the big bag of ice and a plan.








My idea of what icing was and his idea were totally different. I tried to dip just my achilles in the ice and was thinking I might be able to pull it out in 5 minutes or so. No dice.








He pushed my leg knee down so my entire foot was in the bucket of ice. Quickly I was in pain. "Farley, do you want to be a good runner or not? Your foot has to be numb for it to work!"








Coach Matt had me in that damn ice bath for 18 minutes, and you know what. My achilles actually feels a little better.
2 runs today - 11.2 miles
6.2 miles in 56 minutes with Cakes
5 miles in 39 minutes solo.
x Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment