Friday, January 23, 2009

Training the masses




Just had a great conversation with my girlfriend, Kathy, and coach Matt about our training group we are developing. We have a meeting next Monday at the store in Arlington to introduce Matt and his assistant coaches. This is one of the most important things we do at the store.




The group is your everyday runner who is just trying to get into shape. We have a racing team and a club team who are more advanced, but these are the guys that make my business at the end of the day. We have a great women's group coached by Sandy May (picture right), a women who is 63 years young and has more energy than some of my 25 year old employees. Talk about inspiring, she'll run the Boston Marathon next year and set a new PR. These groups are really what keep me excited about running. The energy is amazing.




Today's run was with one of my best friends from college, Andrew Carnahan. We ran 7 miles in 48 minutes. My achilles was sore, but not too bad. I'm back at it tomorrow in the AM. Another day in Paradise.




x Farley


2 comments:

  1. Here's the first comment on a "blog no one cares about". Nice job. Just like anything writing gets easier and better the more you exercise it. Keep at it and keep it real. That's what I want to read. You are off to a great start. You have a lot to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - nice blog, just looking around some blogs, seems a pretty nice platform you are using. I'm currently using Wordpress for a few of my sites but looking to change one of them over to a platform similar to yours as a trial run. Anything in particular you would recommend about it?
    Training Tampa

    ReplyDelete