Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration run


Today the Washington DC and surrounding areas shut down. My buddy Brian is still downtown 6 hours after Obama's speech. He tried to get on the metro and was told that it would be a 4 hour wait. I think he's walking home now.

I made the right choice. I ran downtown from my apartment. It was a 2.5 mile run there. My buddy Chris and I checked out the scene and soaked it all in. It was pretty awesome actually. We were sardined in on the Mall with probably a million others from all over the country. I wasn't about to stand out there all day in the cold, so we ran there soaked it all in for about an hour and ran home to watch Obama's speech on TV. Our commitment was about 8 hours less than my buddy Brian.
2 runs today 5 miles in 40 mins to and fro the Inauguration. 6.2 miles in the afternoon in 44 mins. Go USA.
x Farley

No comments:

Post a Comment